Imagewest, founded in 2004, is a student-run advertising and public relations agency at Western Kentucky University and is part of the School of Journalism & Broadcasting (SJ&B). Both Imagewest and the SJ&B, have built a strong reputation of award-winning work and outstanding alumni.
Throughout the year, our students (or ninjas as we like to call them) at Imagewest complete projects for local, national and international clients. Our ninjas are passionate, stealthy and kung-fu masters at developing creative solutions beyond expectations.
Facts About Imagewest
- Each semester students compete for 10 – 12 positions such as PR coordinator, account executive, graphic designer, broadcast coordinator and web designer.
- Provides services such as branding, consulting, communications, event planning, graphic design, publicity, research, social media, strategic planning, video production, web design, writing and much more.
- Imagewest has worked with more than 200 clients including local, regional, national and even international organizations.
- The agency was recognized for award winning work in its first year and continues to receive honors on an annual basis.
- Any revenues that are generated go directly back into the School of Journalism & Broadcasting to cover expenses such as equipment, supplies, scholarships and travel.
- The agency is part of Western Kentucky University’s School of Journalism & Broadcasting’s Center for 21st Century Media Program of Distinction, which is approved and funded by Kentucky’s Council on Post-Secondary Education Regional Excellence Trust Fund.
- American Advertising Federation
- Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce
- Professional Marketing Association
Facts About The Students
- The majority of students who participate are advertising, graphic design and public relations majors.
- Students earn course credit during the internship and are eligible to apply for the Imagewest Summer Abroad Internship Scholarship.
- Opportunity for students to develop confidence, skills, experience, and enhance their portfolios.
- Interns at Imagewest communicate with clients face-to-face.
- Interns work hands-on as a team on client projects from conception to completion.
- Students have an advantage over other graduates in the job market by completing an internship and having “real-world” experience.
- Over 250 internship positions have been created.
- A good majority of the interns that have graduated are working in the industry.