Our team is always up for a new challenge and driven to learn from new experiences. In 2007, we had a really big idea to start Imagewest International and take our team abroad to work with a client. The following year we traveled over 9500 miles away. We are grateful to have this unique learning opportunity. The experiences have opened our eyes to the world and how important it is to share, understand and learn from one another.
Facts About Imagewest International
- Established Spring 2007
- Imagewest has traveled abroad to work with five international clients.
- Over 20 students have participated.
- Provides international client with agreed upon marketing services.
- Client provides a variety of things including acceptable housing and work area.
- Imagewest utilizes the revenue it generates to fund the trip and provide Summer Abroad Internship Scholarships to cover a portion of the student’s airfare.
- All Imagewest interns are eligible to compete for positions such as account executive, broadcast coordinator, graphic designer, interactive/web designer and public relations coordinator.
- Students earn course credit during the internship – JOUR 481 Imagewest Internship Abroad. The course is divided into three parts: research/analysis, design/development, and evaluation.
- To train future global leaders in the advertising and public relations industries to be more effective, respectful of other cultures and political and economic systems.
- Improve and develop international advertising and public relations skills through relevant practice.
- Learn to partner and facilitate a positive working relationship with businesses and/or organizations in another country and culture utilizing problem-solving and critical thinking.